Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Final Push...

6 days to go...can you believe it??? It seems like just yesterday that I was completing my final week of training before my 1st half marathon. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I am really proud of each of you...whether you are participating in the race or doing it on your own. It is a major accomplishment!! I am changing the homework for the next few days, so here goes...

Sunday Rest
Monday Run/Walk 5 Miles
Tuesday Run/Walk 4 Miles
Wednesday Run/Walk 3 Miles
Thursday REST
Friday REST
Saturday 13.1...Here We Come!!!


Please be sure to make yourselves aware of where and when to pick up your packets. Also, check out the information carefully as to where to go for the race and what time to pick up your racing chip. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN MEETING AT MY HOUSE BEFORE THE RACE, I will send an email to let you know what time to meet. It will be bright and early. If you have any questions...please let me know.

TRAINER TIP:
Please be sure to follow the homework and rest the two final days. This is called "tapering". It helps your body to recover before a big race. Tapering down on you workout and resting a few days before you race really helps with your endurance.
Dont change your eating habits this week. But be sure to drink a lot of water and cut back on soda. You can "carb up" on Friday if you feel the need. I'm not a big fan, but a lot of people feel it makes a big difference in their performance. Eat a small breakfast before the race. Don't forget to make a massage appointment if you want one. They will fill up fast.

13.1...Here We Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment