Friday, May 29, 2009

13.1...Here We Are!!!

Tomorrow is the big day and I hope you are all ready for a great time!  Be sure to check out the weather and dress appropriately.  Also, refer to your registration information for times and address of where to start the race.  There are a few of us meeting at my house at 5:45am tomorrow morning to drive over together.  If you are interested, be at my house at 5:45am.  My car is full, but we can caravan over.  

There are still a few visor's to be picked up.  They are on my front porch.  

TRAINER TIP:

I have had a few questions about breakfast on race day.  I prefer to follow my normal breakfast routine which is a bagel or granola bar.  I would recommend that you don't indulge in a big breakfast, but you will need to eat enough to fuel you throughout the race.  You could add a piece of fruit too.  

Get a good night's sleep!  Try to get to bed at a decent time and give yourself enough time to get up and get ready without being overly rushed.  You want to get to the start line in the best of circumstances and a good night's rest is a perfect start to the day.  

Leave for the race with plenty of time.  There is nothing more stressful than a race starting and you are still waiting in line for your packet or for the bathroom.  Give yourselves enough time to get there, park, use the bathroom, get your timing chips and get set to run!  

HAVE FUN!!!  In the end you will forget your time and the pain and fatigue, but you won't forget how you felt emotionally!  Have a good time.  Allow yourselves to do your best without pressuring yourselves too much!  Again...HAVE FUN!!!

13.1...Here We Come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment